Traditional Sunday walk

Seems like spring decided to visit us earlier this year, we had wonderful spring weather for the last two days and spend a lot of time outside. Saturday was reserved for a lazy day at the beach, small picnic, good book and lot of family quality time... perfect Saturday if you ask me. Far away from the trouble of the busy city and all the stressed people. Beach is not very busy this time of year and I love it the most. Today was reserved for our "traditional Sunday walk in the woods". There will be also a small picnic, more like a coffee break picnic, after our standard route and activities are done. Pablo would take his bike, my husband the backpack with some goodies in it and I my camera.

I made banana bread for us to take with for the small coffee break. Banana bread cake is perfect for picnics and is surely one of the favorites in our home. This cake is best done with very ripe bananas and since I had some home left from the week, the choice for the cake was easy. I decided to pep it a bit with different flavors. I felt like coconut, hence the version of the banana bread cake today is rather exotic. The combination however was perfect and I earned many compliments on the cake from my husband too. The cake came our very moist, not too sweet, with a light touch of coconut. Fresh, nutritious and bit exotic.
Coconut banana bread
  • 3 eggs
  • 100 g brown sugar
  • vanilla extract
  • 4 very ripe bananas
  • 50 ml coconut oil
  • 250 ml yogurt
  • 30 g coconut flakes
  • 150 g flour
  • pinch of salt
  • 2 tablespoons baking powder
Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease and line a loaf baking pan. Whisk the eggs, sugar and vanilla extract till foamy and almost double in size. Add yogurt and coconut oil, give it another whisk. Sift inn flour, baking powder and salt, mix till all well combined. Mash the bananas, fold them in. Finally add the coconut flakes. Pour the batter into the loaf form and bake for 40-45 minutes, make the wooden stick test. 

Enjoy!




Comments