My favorite fig galette

I did it again... it is autumn, figs are available in all the shops and I needed to do something quick and delicious. My husband came home the other day from work and asked what are we going to have for dessert. I planned the dinner already, but was not really thinking about dessert. I saw the gorgeous figs at the counter and a peach and thought of a fig galette. The recipe I am sharing today is not new, I posted it last autumn already...the pictures are new however. I am trying some new tricks these days, playing with light, shadow, props and angels...


Fig galette
  • 50 g cold butter
  • 50 g brown sugar
  • 150 g flour
  • 1/5 teaspoon baking powder
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 egg
  • figs and peach
Preheat the oven to 180C. In a bowl mix together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add the butter, cut in cubes and incorporate it with your fingers till you get a sand like mixture. Add the egg and mix a firm ball of dough. Roll the dough out, quarter the figs and cut the peaches and distribute them on the top of the galette. Fold the edges over and sprinkle the galette with some more brown sugar. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Drizzle some honey over and serve hot with some vanilla ice cream.







Enjoy!

Comments